• Home
  • Interviews
    • Yearly Top Tens
Menu

World of Reel

Street Address
City, State, Zip
Phone Number
Home
IMG_3053.jpeg
Warner Bros. Paid 2,000+ Social Media Influencers to “Post Nice Things” About ‘Wuthering Heights’
IMG_3050.webp
Adam Wingard Exits ‘Face/Off 2’ — Paramount Looking For New Director
IMG_3048.jpeg
Ted Sarandos Says Warner Bros. Films Would Hit VOD After a 45-Day Theatrical Window
IMG_3040.jpeg
Shia LaBeouf Breaks Silence After Arrest: “Free Me”
IMG_3038.jpeg
Gerard Butler Reportedly Backed Out of ‘Plane’ Sequel Just Two Weeks Before Production
Featured
Capture.PNG
Aug 19, 2019
3-Hour ‘Midsommar' Director's Cut Screened in NYC
Aug 19, 2019

This year’s 12th edition of the Scary Movies festival at Film at Lincoln Center premiered Ari Aster’s extended version of “Midsommar” this past Saturday.

Aug 19, 2019

World of Reel

  • Home
  • Interviews
  • More
    • Yearly Top Tens

Adam Wingard Exits ‘Face/Off 2’ — Paramount Looking For New Director

February 19, 2026 Jordan Ruimy

Back in 2022, it was announced that Adam Wingard and his longtime collaborator, writer Simon Barrett, were working on a sequel to 1997’s “Face/Off.” The following year, Wingard stated that the sequel would see the return of Castor Troy (Nicolas Cage) and Sean Archer (John Travolta).

We now have an update, via Collider, that Wingard has dropped out of directing the “Face/Off” sequel. The project is now an open assignment at Paramount, with the studio permitting directors to pitch their own take and potentially drive it into production.

Back in 2024, Wingard had described the sequel as “full steam ahead,” calling the script he reviewed “amazing.” However, things clearly seem to have changed since then—Wingard is a busy man, and it’s quite possible that he simply couldn’t fit this project into his itinerary.

The only way a “Face/Off” sequel could work is if the two original leads returned. Please do not reboot this movie. Much of the fun came from the bonkers alchemy that was created between Cage and Travolta. You can’t replicate that kind of chemistry with any other actors.

You’re also probably wondering how Cage could possibly return for the sequel if his character was shot by a harpoon and killed at the end of the original. Well, it’s quite simple, really—Barrett, who is writing the sequel, has previously mentioned that he doesn’t believe Castor Troy—played by Cage—actually died.

Wingard is coming off his “Godzilla x Kong” movies and recently shot A24’s “Onslaught,” written by Barrett, which has been billed as his return to the indie roots that sparked “You’re Next” and “The Guest.”

← Warner Bros. Paid 2,000+ Social Media Influencers to “Post Nice Things” About ‘Wuthering Heights’Ted Sarandos Says Warner Bros. Films Would Hit VOD After a 45-Day Theatrical Window →

FOLLOW US!


Trending

Featured
IMG_1936.webp
‘Snow White,’ ‘War of the Worlds,’ and ‘Hurry Up Tomorrow’ Lead the 2026 Razzies Nominees
The 10 Best Shots of Roger Deakins' Career
The 10 Best Shots of Roger Deakins' Career
IMG_1336.jpeg
Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu’s ‘Digger’! Tom Cruise-Starring “Comedy” Has A Teaser, Poster and Title
IMG_1311.jpeg
James Cameron Admits He Wrote ‘Point Break’ but Never Got WGA Credit: “I Flat Out Got Stiffed”

Critics Polls

Featured
Capture.PNG
Critics Poll: ‘Vertigo’ Named Best Film of the 1950s, Over 120 Participants
B16BAC21-5652-44F6-9E83-A1A5C5DF61D7.jpeg
Critics Poll: Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Tops Our 1960s Critics Poll
Capture.PNG
Critics Poll: ‘The Godfather’ Named Best Movie of the 1970s
public.jpeg
Critics Poll: ‘Do the Right Thing' Named Best Movie of the 1980s
World of Reel tagline.PNG
 

Content

Contribute

Hire me

 

Support

Advertise

Donate

 

About

Team

Contact

Privacy Policy

Site designed by Jordan Ruimy © 2025