Sony has decided to bring Freddie Prinze Jr. back, with his co-star Jennifer Love Hewitt, for the latest installment of the horror film franchise, written by Sam Lansky and Kaytin Robinson.
Read moreTrailer for Ryan Coogler's ‘Sinners' Coming Tomorrow ...
Margot Robbie and Jacob Elordi Join Emerald Fennell's ‘Wuthering Heights'
Steven Soderbergh's ‘Black Bag' Might Be The Longest Film of His Career (148 Minutes)
Steven Soderbergh‘s spy thriller “Black Bag” recently set up a March 14, 2025, release date, via Focus Features. Cate Blanchett and Michael Fassbender star in the film alongside Regé-Jean Page, Marisa Abela, Naomie Harris, Tom Burke and Pierce Brosnan.
Read moreGuy Maddin's ‘Rumors' Has A Trailer
“Rumors” currently has a 70 on Metacritic and 83% on Rotten Tomatoes. It’s nowhere near Maddin’s best film, that honor would have to go to “My Winnipeg.” The film is expected to arrive in theaters on October 18, via Bleecker Street. You can watch the new trailer above.
Read moreOscars: India Snubs ‘All We Imagine As Light'
Not that surprising but India has officially snubbed acclaimed Cannes drama “All We Imagine As Light,” and instead chosen “Laapataa Ladies” as their Oscar submission in the International Film race.
Read moreZach Cregger to Direct ‘Resident Evil' Reboot; Exits ‘Clue' Movie
Within 72 hours, and Cregger formally passing on “Clue,” apparently due to an issue of money — Sony offered him $1.5 million against $4 million — the filmmaker is now attached to helm the studio’s ‘Resident Evil’ reboot.
Read moreCronenberg's ‘The Shrouds' Picked Up by Janus and Sideshow
David Cronenberg's “The Shrouds” has finally received U.S. distribution, courtesy of Janus Films and Sideshow, with a spring 2025 release planned.
Read moreNew ‘Gladiator II' Trailer is An Improvement
Using proper music that fits the era results in the latest “Gladiator II” trailer being a vast improvement over the original Jay Z/ Kanye mishmash we got a few months back. The footage shown is also much better, and hints at some genuine thrills.
Read more‘Thunderbolts' Trailer ...
‘Red One' Trailer: Amazon/MGM's Trouble-Ridden $250M Gamble Stars Dwayne Johnson
The new trailer for “Red One,” starring Dwayne Johnson and Chris Evans, has been released. There’s some heavy baggage that comes with this one.
Read moreSteve McQueen's ‘Blitz': Variance Films to Theatrically Distribute WWII Epic
Many were wondering who Apple would partner with on the theatrical release of “Blitz". The InSneider is being told that Variance Films has come aboard to help Apple with the theatrical rollout of McQueen’s film.
Read moreBTC to USD: The Future of Cryptocurrency Payroll for Actors and Film Crews [Sponsored]
Cryptocurrency is one of the most rapidly growing phenomena that affects many people’s lives and the film industry is not an exception.
Read moreDid Tony Romo Date Carrie Underwood? Inside the NFL QB's Love Life [Sponsored]
When it comes to NFL quarterbacks, Tony Romo is a name that resonates with fans for more than just his prowess on the field.
Read moreMartin Scorsese's ‘Life of Jesus' Delayed; Is ‘Sinatra' or ‘Home' Next?
I’m now being told Scorsese is not shooting “The Life of Jesus,” starring Andrew Garfield, this year. It was supposed to kickstart production in October, but the filmmaker seems to have had a change of heart. This begs me to ask, what’s next for Scorsese?
Read moreSURPRISE: ‘Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice' #1 for Third Straight Weekend; ‘Transformers One' Underperforms With $25M Opening
Projections had “Transformers One” having a $35M-$40M opening weekend. Well, that clearly didn’t happen. The $75M budgeted animated film only grossed $25M this weekend.
Read moreAudrey Diwan's ‘Emmanuelle' Panned at San Sebastian
The 72nd San Sebastian Film Festival opened with Audrey Diwan’s "Emmanuelle." The film had been rejected by Cannes and Venice before finally settling for the splashy San Sebastian opener slot. The reviews turn out to be not good for the film.
Read moreFrancis Ford Coppola Visits Konbini; Talks Welles, Ford, Gance, Renoir ...
Coppola has plenty of stories to tell here; it’s an absolute delight for any movie fan to hear them. The filmmaker reminisces about his time meeting the likes of Jean Renoir, Orson Welles, Abel Gance, and John Ford.
Read more‘Star Wars: The New Jedi Order' Now “On Hold" at Lucasfilm
Back in June, there were some rumors spreading that Lucasfilm’s Rey movie, potentially titled “New Jedi Order,” was going to be shooting in September. I shot down those rumors by simply saying NO CHANCE.
Read morePaul Thomas Anderson's ‘The Battle of Baktan Cross' Wraps Production
I’m being told that Paul Thomas Anderson’s “The Battle of Baktan Cross,” which is rumored to have a budget anywhere between $140M-$175M, wrapped its production in El Paso, TX earlier this month.
Read more