It has not been a very good year for actor Kevin Spacey, who had been charged back in January with one count of felony sexual assault. Spacey was being charged for allegedly sexually assaulting the teenage son of former Boston WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh at a Nantucket bar in July 2016. He plead not guilty.
All of this to say that the charges against the actor were officially dropped today. Supposedly, the kid accusing Spacey of sexual misbehavior had altered phone records/text messages and the defense attorney found out about that. When the kid took the fifth in court, the complainant lost the case.
“The decision to drop the charges followed a meeting between the accuser, his parents and prosecutors on Sunday, July 14, following a July 8 hearing in which the alleged victim exercised his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination during a hearing in which he was testifying about his missing cell phone.”
Just last week I predicted this would happen:
After pulling off a disappearing act for close to two years, Spacey re-emerged into the spotlight last Christmas eve by breaking his silence and releasing a video titled “Let Me Be Frank,” which laid down his defense in the character of Frank Underwood, the U.S. President he played on “House Of Cards.”
“I can promise you this,” Spacey says in the video “If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not going to pay the price for the things that I didn’t do.”
A week later, Spacey then turned to delivering pizza to the paparazzi camped outside his Baltimore mansion. In photos published by The Daily Mail, Spacey, wearing a “Retired Since 2017” baseball cap, personally delivered a Domino's medium cheese and tomato pie to photographer Jae Donnelly "I know you're just doing your job," he said with a smirk. "Keep warm and have a happy New Year."